Re: New Package: rbldnsd

Michael Fleming wrote:
Looks fine.

I've noticed that while the license is GPL (per the debian/
copyright blurb and License tag in the spec) the commonly found COPYING file
containing the GPLv2 text is missing in the tarball (and thus %doc.)

Not a problem (I'm not personally zealous about these things, but there are
some whose opinions differ) but it might be worth mentioning to Michael at
some stage for completeness.

I've written to Michael suggesting that he includes it in any subsequent releases. In the meantime, I've included a gpl.txt file from the fsf.org website in the latest revision of the package (available at http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/extras/rbldnsd/ as usual). The rbldnsd page at http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/rbldnsd.html explicitly states that the software is released under GPL license version 2 or any later version, so that's the version I included.

Approved - I'll send the notice to f-e-commits.

Thanks; will import into cvs unless anyone objects.

Paul.