tpctl in extras missing dependancy for kernel-module-thinkpad

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jun 28 15:04:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 10:40 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Anyone else seeing this when trying to install tpctl from extras in fc4?

Yes, everybody who has not built kernel-module-thinkpad locally from
Extras CVS :(

> As an aside, I didn't think Extras was ready to tackle the issue of
> kernel module packages yet.

Right, at least three issues remain: how to name the modules, how to
make depsolvers do the right thing with them, and how to request builds
for i586 and i686 from the build system for the same package.

> Is tpctl suppose to be in the extras tree?

Probably it's better to just pull it for now.  And IIRC
configure-thinkpad will need to go too.  Will ask in the Wiki.

But we should really fix the remaining issues with kernel module builds,
I'd like to get LIRC modules shipped too, and there may be other stuff
queued up from others.  Anybody willing to (re)start or join this
discussion somewhere?  fedora-packaging?