Kernel modules (was: Re: tpctl in extras missing dependancy for kernel-module-thinkpad)

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 18:04 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 10:40 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > As an aside, I didn't think Extras was ready to tackle the issue of
> > kernel module packages yet.
>
> Right, at least three issues remain: how to name the modules, how to
> make depsolvers do the right thing with them, and how to request builds
> for i586 and i686 from the build system for the same package.

Screw i586 for now. As for naming, the kernel version needs to be stored
*somewhere*. And we need to finalize the naming issue before we can
decide what behavior depsolvers need.

> But we should really fix the remaining issues with kernel module builds,
> I'd like to get LIRC modules shipped too, and there may be other stuff
> queued up from others.  Anybody willing to (re)start or join this
> discussion somewhere?  fedora-packaging?

Works for me. Here's my first submission:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-May/msg00965.html

I've had to make a few changes for FC4, and I'll post those later today
when I get a chance.

http://fedora.ivazquez.net/