Request for Review: hdf5 (was Re: hfd5 license)

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Jun 28 23:14:58 UTC 2005

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> Orion, I've got absolutely no problem with you becoming the maintainer
> for this package. Its been sitting complete in my directory of "done,
> but unsubmitted" packages for some time now, and since there seems to be
> interest in it without szip, here it is:
>
> SRPM:
> http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/hdf5-1.6.4-2.fc4.src.rpm
> SPEC: http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/hdf5.spec
>
> I can't really review this (since its my spec). :) If Orion doesn't want
> to own it for some reason, I will.

I'm happy to own it, but I'm not quite there yet access wise.  I just
put in my application for CVS access.  I suppose I still need a sponsor.
  Not quite sure as I haven't heard back from anyone after my CVS
application.

I'll check out the package tomorrow.  Looks very close to what I have.
Main difference is that I build hdf5, libhdf5, and libhdf5-devel
packages.  I like this format as it separates the binaries and
libraries, but don't know if there is fedora policy on this.

- Orion