New package: icmpdn

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Thu Jun 30 14:24:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 21:28 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > You can override %configure's defaults like this:
> > >
> > >   %configure --libdir=%{_lib}
> > >[...]
> > > Typo. Make it:
> > >
> > >     %configure --libdir=/%{_lib}
> > >
> > > Note that on 64-bit multilib systems, the NSS modules are located
> > > in /lib64, not /lib.
> >
> > Does that mean that %{_lib} expands to only lib or lib64, and
> > not /usr/lib or anything of the kind?
>
> %_libdir expands to either /usr/lib or /usr/lib64
> %_lib expands to either lib or lib64

OK, it should be fixed now.

> Hmm, with Emacs' rpm-spec-mode and rpm-add-change-log-entry, I've never
> used a format used by %99 of the other packagers. Like:
>
> * Tue Jun 28 2005 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
> - blubb
> - blibb
> - blobb

I changed the format to that.

> > but I still don't know what this "PreReq" thingie is.
> > Is it a tag in the same sense as Source0?
>
> It's similar to "Requires:" and historically meant to imply that
> a dependency must be present before (="pre") your package would be
> installed. Only true RPM wizards, who hang out on rpm-list, could
> tell you, whether nowadays "PreReq:" is any different from "Requires:"
> or "Requires(pre):".
>
> Note, that when you do
>
> %post -p /sbin/ldconfig
> %postun -p /sbin/ldconfig
>
> You get an automatic dependency on /sbin/ldconfig and need not add any
> such Requires or Prereq yourself.
>
> Flag "-p /bin/something" means to make /bin/something the scriptlet
> interpreter instead of /bin/sh, and hence a dependency on /bin/something
> will be automatic.

I did just that.

> Or: Since %{_sysconfdir}/init.d is a soft-link with Fedora Core, not a
> directory, please use %{_sysconfdir}/rc.d/init.d/ or %{_initrddir}/init.d/
> instead. Minor issue in Extras, would be a bigger one in Core.

It seems it was supposed to be just %{_initrddir}, rather than
%{_initrdddir}/init.d.

Anyhow, new specfile and SRPM are at:

<http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/icmp-dn/icmpdn.spec>
<http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/icmp-dn/icmpdn-0.3-2.src.rpm>

So what do you all think now?

Thank you very much for your effort this far.

Fredrik Tolf