New package: tclhttpd

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Jun 30 17:10:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:46:25 -0700, Wart wrote:

> Ok, I understand now.  The Release tag in the spec file must contain a
> hardcoded dist value, or, preferably, the dist macro:
>
> Release: 1.fdr.4
> or
> Release: 1%{?dist}
>
> This could probably be clarified a little better in the Package Naming
> Guidelines, perhaps with an explicit example.

The good thing about the current guidelines is that you _need not_
add any hardcoded dist tag and neither %{?dist}.

You can as well make your package for FC4 be release 1, and the package
for FC Devel be release 2, and then bump release numbers with each
update.

An important thing to document, for instance, would be the behaviour to
expect from "cvs-import.sh" (it pulls version-release from the built
src.rpm, not the spec and tags the imported files in CVS accordingly) and
that you cannot have colliding tags in different CVS branch directories.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1385_FC4