Re: Review needed

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 17:50 +0200, Andreas Thienemann wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
> > There are a few ways to get forward progress on your pet projects:
> > 1) Work out with someone to review their projects in return for them
> > reviewing your projects.
> I'd gladly do so, if I were certain that my knowledge of the packaging
> guidelines is firm enough to comment on other people's work.
> e.g. Tom spottet some problems with my package I didn't notice. It's very
> likely that I might have missed similar problems on other people's rpms.
>
> So 1) works only if you are pretty proficient with the guidelines and the
> other guy is too.

I've pointed out that reviewing requires more knowledge than packaging
before.  What I've heard back is packages are modifiable.  If you have
been granted the ability to approve pacakges, you have a responsibility
to try your damndest to work out all the problems but there will always
be things you missed or didn't know to look for.  A package can be
further reviewed and fixed later on, not just in the pre-approve cycle.

-Toshio