Re: New package: tclhttpd

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 08:59 -0700, Wart wrote:
From what I gather from the DistTag guidelines (http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DistTag), %{dist} can be completely removed from the spec file and the build system will magically make sure that the resulting binary rpm is named appropriately. If that's the case, then I'll leave it out unless there is a real reason that it needs to be there.

That's not true, AFAICT. The build system passes --define 'dist fcX' to rpmbuild, therefore the rpm's release tag will be appended %dist if the spec uses Release: X%{?dist}.

I just took a look at the spec file in the tcl src rpm and it does not include %{?dist} in the Release tag. From this I gather that the build system has some other magic that it uses to add the .fc4 segment to the resulting binary rpm. From this (and Michael's emails) I understand that including %{?dist} in the Release tag, while in no way harmful, is also not necessary.

--Wart