New package: tclhttpd

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Thu Jun 30 17:48:22 UTC 2005

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 08:59 -0700, Wart wrote:
>> From what I gather from the DistTag guidelines
>>(http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DistTag), %{dist} can be completely
>>removed from the spec file and the build system will magically make sure
>>that the resulting binary rpm is named appropriately.  If that's the
>>case, then I'll leave it out unless there is a real reason that it needs
>>to be there.
>
> That's not true, AFAICT. The build system passes --define 'dist fcX' to
> rpmbuild, therefore the rpm's release tag will be appended %dist if the
> spec uses Release: X%{?dist}.

I just took a look at the spec file in the tcl src rpm and it does not
include %{?dist} in the Release tag.  From this I gather that the build
system has some other magic that it uses to add the .fc4 segment to the
resulting binary rpm.  From this (and Michael's emails) I understand
that including %{?dist} in the Release tag, while in no way harmful, is
also not necessary.

--Wart