New package: matplotlib

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Jun 30 21:26:06 UTC 2005

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> Review:
>
> Everything looks good except for four minor issues:
>
> Bad:
>
> - Should be named python-matplotlib
> - No need for Requires: python (rpm picks it up as python(abi) = 2.4)
> - changelog entry is missing a version
> - Several directories are created but not owned by the package (this is
> a pitfall of using a fileslist for the %files). You need to add:
>
> %dir %{_libdir}/python2.4/site-packages/dateutil
> %dir %{_libdir}/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib
> %dir %{_datadir}/matplotlib

All fixed, though the dateutil directory is not created.

> rpmlint checks:
> W: matplotlib no-version-in-last-changelog
> E: matplotlib
> wrong-script-end-of-line-encoding /usr/share/matplotlib/stock_zoom-out.xpm
[more eol messages snipped]
> W: matplotlib hidden-file-or-dir /usr/share/matplotlib/.matplotlibrc
>
> Hooray! I don't think any of the e-o-l encoding is dangerous, unless
> otherwise corrected, I'll assume these errors are safe to ignore. You
> should put a version on your changelog though.

No idea on the eol issue.  Left as is.

> Push a new spec that makes those changes and I'll approve it.

http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/python-matplotlib.spec
http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/python-matplotlib-0.82-2.src.rpm

Thanks for the review!

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222