New package: mod_suphp

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Thu Jun 30 21:42:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Every package is a separate module within CVS. Initial import creates the
> module in the repository $CVSROOT/rpms/$name. Branches for older
> distributions (FC-4, FC-3, ...) are not CVS-branches, but also modules,
> with their repository root being a branch-directory within
> $CVSROOT/rpms/$name/$branch.
That much I got. Even though it's a bit irritating to get a common checked
out as well wenn doing a cvs co packagename.

> "cvs co devel/mod_suphp" works just fine to get the devel branch
> directory. "cvs up" would not be enough to make the new module "mod_suphp"
> appear.
That I got too.

What I was wondering about was: When I checked earlier on
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/?root=extras I couldn't see
suphp there, while it was available in
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/?root=extras.

Now, however, both suphp and mod_suphp is available in /rpms/ and /devel/.
That's what I was wondering about.

But thanks again for your explanation. That made some things much clearer.

bye,
 andreas