vice in extras

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Mar 1 09:30:01 UTC 2005

Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 11:05 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>

>>You better support the upstream project itself and provide full-blown
>>packages there. That would be enough to make the target group happy.
>
> There is always rpmforge, if they are willing to take the risk.
> freshrpms.net is well-known among Fedora users.

I've stopped using freshrpms a long time ago because of the erm
interesting quality of the RPMS the used to provide, if freshrpms and
Fedora extras would have some garantees to work well together, for
example freshrpms would only include packages which are not in fedora
core + extras I might want to go this way, but afaik currently there are
no such garantees.

I don't meam to put down the hardwork of the rpmforge peope in anyway!

Regards,

Hans