ipython anyone?

Shahms King shahms at shahms.com
Tue Mar 1 16:26:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:33 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 07:27 -0800, Shahms King wrote:
> >This post really has two questions, the first being: What do I need to
> >do to get ipython (http://ipython.scipy.org) included in Extras?
> >
> >The project distributes packages that work on FC3 already, but given
> >that they include "py23" and "py24" as the release number, I'm guessing
> >they need to be cleaned up to match Fedora guidelines.
> >
> >This brings up my second, more general question.  Is this the proper
> >forum for requesting package additions? Or should I really just stand up
> >and say "I'm willing to maintain this package for Extras" and start the
> >QA process in bugzilla?
> >

> Do it here, Starting the QA process in bugzilla just means fewer people
> hear about it.
>
> -sv

All right, will do.  I have built an ipython package that should more
closely conform to the Fedora guidelines than the "official" one at:
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/yum/fedora/3/RPMS.shahms/ipython-0.6.11-1.noarch.rpm
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/yum/fedora/3/SRPMS.shahms/ipython-0.6.11-1.src.rpm
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/yum/fedora/3/SRPMS.shahms/ipython.spec

That should be a good start.  If no one else wants to keep packaging
AbiWord and Gnumeric, I'd be more than happy to maintain them as it
would be a shame to see them disappear from Fedora altogether (and I
happen to like both of them a lot more than OO.org ;-P)

--
Shahms E. King <shahms at shahms.com>
Multnomah ESD

Public Key:
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/~sking/shahms.asc
Fingerprint:
1612 054B CE92 8770 F1EA  AB1B FEAB 3636 45B2 D75B