2nd Announcement: Updated Package: Gnome-Blog 0.8

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 1 17:47:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 12:13 -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 18:04 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > Is that how Seth's mach chroot had intltool 0.31.2, but not perl-XML-
> > > Parser, even though intltool requires perl-XML-Parser?
> >
> > Yes, that's what I tried to say above. ;)  Else it would be
> >   intltool-0.33-1
> >
> > for Rawhide, not 0.31.2.
>
> Cool.  So, should we be adding intltool to the spec,

Yes, as a BuildRequires. Then the repository version of intltool would
get pulled in.

>  or is this
> something that should be fixed in mach?

No, Mach is actually doing exactly the right thing - pulling in the
packages that are required for the build according to the spec file and
nothing else.

Possibly there's some configure switch for gnome-blog that forces using
the system version of intltool and makes the build fail otherwise,
instead of falling back on the internal copy? For an RPM build something
like that makes it easier to track down missing BuildRequires and makes
sure that you're building against system libraries instead of private
copies. But once you have the BuildRequires there it's a no-op so i
don't think it's a big deal...

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University