Package maintainer for python-numeric

D Sievers dsievers at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 2 21:08:06 UTC 2005

Hello all,

My name is Doug Sievers, and I would like to volunteer to maintain some
extras packages, and hopefully add some packages down the line. I am a
bit of a newbie on packaging, but I am willing to learn and ready to serve.

Bugzilla e-mail address:
dsievers at users.sourceforge.net

Currently orphaned packages I would like to maintain:
python-numeric

Packages I may maintain that are on the "To be removed from FC4" list
lapack

Packages I would like to add eventually, if all checks out
python-numarray [1] - variant to python-numeric, which may both merge/be
incorporated in python
matplotlib [2] - plotting library for python, with backends to Tkinter,
GTK and wxPython

[1] http://www.stsci.edu/resources/software_hardware/numarray
[2] http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/