ppracer

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Sat Mar 5 10:10:39 UTC 2005

Nils Philippsen wrote :

> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 09:01 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> > Perhaps Obsoletes: tuxracer too?
>
> done

I'm going to be bugging again :-)

I think as many as possible "Obsoletes" should have an explicit version.
This case is a perfect exemple : If some day, for some reason, the company
who first started tuxracer (or another ones who got the rights to the name
and such) continues the game, even maybe basing it on a current ppracer,
then we may pretty much see a newer tuxracer obsolete ppracer! We'd then
have a typical dependency loop that could have been avoided by just having
put a version for the obsoletes *now*.

So for me, trying to look in the future as much as possible, what should be
done here is :

Obsoletes: tuxracer <= 0.61

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC3
Load : 0.43 0.84 1.13