%buildroot vs. $RPM_BUILD_ROOT again (was: New package : ncftp)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Sun Mar 6 17:17:19 UTC 2005

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote :

> On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 17:00 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> >So, what is it here? "Must not" or "should not"? Policy or guideline?
>
> Lets go with "Must not", and "Policy". I don't want people using
> %{buildroot} to have it randomly disappear from underneath them.

Eek. Nor %{buildroot}, nor %{optflags} are going anywhere anytime soon. I'd
really, really prefer to just have people keep consistent within a given
spec file, and simply state in the guidelines that there are two valid ways
to do the same thing.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC3
Load : 0.76 1.08 0.95