Getting started in Extras
skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Mar 7 07:36:36 UTC 2005
On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 21:58 -0800, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> I see that cfengine is on the 'possibly orphaned' list for extras and I'd be
> willing to maintain it, but after quite a bit of reading of the Fedora
> Project Wiki I am more confused about what to do than when I started. Can
> someone lay out some basic steps of what is needed to maintain a package?
> Is it just a matter of putting my name down in the 'need a sponser' list and
> waiting for CVS access, or am I missing something?
1. follow the instructions here:
2. put your name here if you do not already have a sponsor
3. post to fedora-extras-list that you're looking for a sponsor
4. nag/bribe people into sponsoring you
5. Once you have a sponsor and your cvs account you're in good shape.
More information about the fedora-extras-list