Newer packages in FC-3 branch compared with devel

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Mar 7 22:29:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:19:53 -0500, Ed Hill wrote:

> > lincvs 1.4.0-0.1.rc2 in FC-3 branch is newer than devel
> > netcdf 3.6.0-1.p1 in FC-3 branch is newer than devel
> > seahorse 0.7.6-2 in FC-3 branch is newer than devel
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> OK, the devel branch needs to be updated for these packages.
>
> So, that means I need to build a box with FC-3, yum update it to the
> latest devel versions of everything, and then build, test, and check-in
> changes to the devel branch?  If so, thats cool.  Otherwise, please
> spell out what ought to happen here.

For now, just assume that your current package in the FC-3 branch builds
flawlessly when a first mass-rebuild for [assumably] FC4 Test1 is done
from the devel branch.

No immediate action is needed. But FC4 Test1 is scheduled for next week.
And in case package release versions are bumped automatically, it would be
great if all packages in devel branch were equal or newer than FC-3
branch.