no xfce for FC4?

Iago Rubio iago.rubio at hispalinux.es
Tue Mar 8 13:22:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 10:17 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> The hardcoding of URLs was something fedora.us introduced, in order to ease
> the copy/pasting of source lines to download the pristine sources for the
> QA process. I'd say that for Extras, with its lookaside cache for sources,
> this isn't of much relevance anymore.
>
> My vote would be to drop that recommendation and leave it up to the
> packager to decide what he likes best. I know that I like hardcoding
> everything except the version, that way if it was "libfoo" and now the
> "Name:" gets changed to "libfoo04", still nothing to change.

Ok, thanks all for the explanation.

I agree with dropping the recommendation from the wiki, but may be to
give a hint on using clever macros - I mean macros just for values that
will change between release, so in most cases just the version number -
could drive in cleaner rpms.

As Michael said, to use each possible macro in the url is quite obtuse.
--
Iago Rubio