cvs-import.sh and transparent proxies

Shahms King shahms at shahms.com
Wed Mar 9 17:37:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 17:32 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:00:40 -0800, Shahms King wrote:
>
> > Sent this to fedora-maintainers (which seems more appropriate) but
> > didn't get any kind of response, so I'm trying again ...
>
> Well, Enrico Scholz answered something, so "didn't get any kind of
> response" is exaggerated. ;)

Yes, but "upload.cgi shouldn't be using ip-based authentication" wasn't
*much* of a response ;-P

I'm just trying to get some traction on the problem, considering that it
turns out that adding an exception to the transparent proxy isn't as
easy as it first seemed so I'm still sitting here with a half imported
ipython module and no way of finishing the import short of manually
performing the steps from cvs-import.sh and Makefile.common minus the
upload.cgi steps and I'm 100% certain no one wants me doing that ;-P

I'm still pestering the proxy admin to add the exception for
cvs.fedora.redhat.com, but am also trying to address the problem from
the other side.

In all fairness, I did just finish the ipython import with the awful,
awful kludge of:

# iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -d cvs.fedora.redhat.com -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8081
$ ssh  -L 8081:127.0.0.1:80 shahms at cvs.fedora.redhat.com

Which works, but is a long way from ideal and some distance from
reasonable.

--
Shahms E. King <shahms at shahms.com>
Multnomah ESD

Public Key:
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/~sking/shahms.asc
Fingerprint:
1612 054B CE92 8770 F1EA  AB1B FEAB 3636 45B2 D75B