Cfengine

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 9 23:56:19 UTC 2005

On 3/7/05 4:02 PM, "Panu Matilainen" <pmatilai at welho.com> wrote:
> Generally services should default to being off. Cfengine requires
> additional configuration to do anything at all so it doesn't make sense
> to turn it on by default anyway. Explicitly from %post is a bit weird
> however and unnecessary as well since the cf*d files already default to
> off.
>
> - Panu -

OK, thanks - that makes sense.  I've removed the 'chkconfig cf* off' from
the %post section since the init scripts default to off.

On another topic: what's the next step for getting this package updated in
extras?  I'm waiting to get CVS access, but in the meantime could someone
else update this package (if it looks good to them), or how does this
usually work?

I've posted the SRPM and spec file here:
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/extras/cfengine-2.1.13-2.src.rpm
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/extras/cfengine.spec

-Jeff