problem with new amarok 1.2.1 package

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Mar 11 22:40:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:07:47 +0100, Martin Gansser wrote:

> ok, I could build a working rpm binary with 'make i386' in the FC-3 dir.
> The playback works great.

Strange, since you only rebuilt the same software (src.rpm) which failed
for you earlier. Rebuilding/installing software from source tarballs and
mixing repositories can lead to such symptoms.

> I final question, I couldn't select any Soundsystem in the configure
> Engine, is this normal.

No. You should be able to select "GStreamer Engine" and, with the
amarok-arts package installed, also "aRts Engine".