Updated fortune-mod package

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Mar 13 19:44:00 UTC 2005

Jeff Sheltren wrote:

>I've created an updated fortune-mod package using fortune-mod-1.99 from
>http://www.redellipse.net/code/fortune
>
>If anyone has a chance to look over it, I'd appreciate any comments.
>
>The SRPM and spec are available here:
>http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/extras/fortune-mod-1.99.1-1.src.rpm
>http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/extras/fortune-mod.spec
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff

I compiled the rpm without regarding the spec file. rpmbuild --rebuild
--target i386 and the rpm seems to work for me. I had to download and
install recode-devel but this was minor.

For reference, this is on a development system.

Thanks!

Jim

--
It turned out that the worm exploited three or four different holes in the
system.  From this, and the fact that we were able to capture and examine