Sponsor Request: INADYN - A DynDNS Client

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Mar 16 05:31:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:51:00 +0100, Jochen Schmitt wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:07:28 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >We already have ddclient and ez-ipupdate in Extras that AFAICS do the
> >same thing.  Does INADYN provide some additional features over them?
>
> During the discussion in ths thread, I have try out ez-ipupdate.
>
> I have got the following problem: I'm using a pppoe (T-DSL)
> connection to the internet. Ez-ipupdate requires that you define
> the used interface in the configuration file. But during booting
> the machine, the interface using for the pppoe connection didn't
> exist.
>
> For inadyn, I have define a ip-up.local file, which will be
> executed when the ppp interface will comming up.
>
> That is te current situation why I will prefer inadyn agains
> ez-ipupdate.

That's not a point, since both ddclient and ez-ipupdate can be executed in
ip-up.local, too. No need to run them in daemon mode.

But see my other reply to spot's message.

The initial question about how INADYN compares with the existing ddclient
and ez-ipupdate made this thread develop into the wrong direction.