Packages removed from Core

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Mar 16 18:48:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:16:59 -0500 (EST), Elliot Lee wrote:

> There are definitely hiccups going on with the review & approval
> processes. Please be patient and keep trying, and even pitch in and help
> fix the processes where you see things broken.
>
> Michael Schwendt has a big interest in seeing reviews happen, so he may be
> a good person to e-mail directly to see if he can track down a volunteer
> to review your packages.

As a negation, it makes a better reading: I have a big interest in NOT
seeing lots of imported packages, which are not reviewed before automated
mass rebuilds make them appear in the public repository.

We should rather return to the idea of using a separate repository where
unreviewed packages are published first.

If post-commit reviewing is also a serious problem, we need to work on a
solution.