Review request: sabayon

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sat Mar 19 09:19:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 20:28 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	I've imported Sabayon - http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon -  into
> > CVS.
> >
> > 	I'd really appreciate it if someone could review it.
> >

> Wow, nice software!
>
> Two thoughts
> - BuildRequires gettext-devel should be just gettext.  Almost nothing
> requires gettext-devel.

	I just went with whats in:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewPackageProcess

	I didn't previously have any BuildRequires for gettext, because my
understanding is that gettext isn't actually used when building the
tarball because the binary message catalogs are in the tarball itself.

	Dunno, just presumed you guys had learned differently ...

> - What does it use the sabayon user for?  Please clarify.

	The "prototype session" you get when you click on the "Edit" button is
running as the sabayon user. You need a valid user account, with a
temporary homedir etc. in order for the session to run without problems.

Cheers,
Mark.