Review request: sabayon

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sat Mar 19 09:37:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 20:09 +0100, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 17:44 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	I've imported Sabayon - http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon -  into
> > CVS.
> >
> > 	I'd really appreciate it if someone could review it.
>
> I'm happy to sponsor you on that one.
>
> What I noticed:
> - dot at the end of the summary
> - please specify the full source URL, possibly use the bzipped tarball,
> e.g. (*):
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/sabayon/%{version}/sabayon-%{version}.tar.bz2
> - please buildrequire python as you use it to fill an RPM macro
> - use %{_sysconfdir} consistently throughout the spec file (instead of /etc)
> - maybe set the directory mode ("%defattr(-, root, root, 755)")

	Thanks, I've fixed all those now.

> - I would try to get a fixed user for sabayon instead of just using a
> random UID/GID (it's a system user after all)

	Well, that's what my previous mail was about. I had tried using
fedora-usermgmt when I thought it was the consensus that all Extras
packages should use it, but wasn't really convinced by it, so I dropped
it again. I'm not sure how an Extras package can reserve a system UID
otherwise, though ...

Cheers,
Mark.