Bugzilla Entries

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Sat Mar 19 20:12:41 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 16:05 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:18:05 -0500, Toshio wrote:
>
> >   http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fPackagesLackingBugzilla
> >
> > Has been updated to sync against the devel hierarchy of the cvs server.
> > It's significantly shorter now :-)
>
> There are still some questionable entries in there, and some which have
> no module in the devel tree ("cvs co devel"). E.g.

I've been grabbing the information off the web page::
  http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/?root=extras
which looks like it has empty directories for the no longer needed
directories.  I'll try doing it the correct way when I get home tonight
and see if I can come up with even less questionable entries.  For now,
I'll just move those entries you've spotted down to the sync not needed
section.

>   perl-DateManip  (old fedora.us patch version)
>   common          (no package, CVS common directory)
>   grandr_applet   (no devel branch, obsolete)
>   kile-i18n       (needed? kile has a separate component)
>   libexif         (a Core package!)
>   thunderbird     (no devel branch, obsolete)
>
>   p0f -> extras-orphan AT fedoraproject.org
>
> The other entries look kind of right. All appear to be packages imported
> long after the fedora.us merge, when I used a script to read out
> components from bugzilla.fedora.us and let it guess missing owners by
> examining spec changelogs in CVS.
>
> > Does it make sense to have everyone
> > take a look and request Bugzilla updates if their packages are listed
> > there?
>
> Yes. Quite some of the packages have not been officially approved and
> built yet, though.

At what point should we create bugzilla components?  If it's in cvs,
developers (and curious potential developers) will be testing things out
of there and having bugzilla for tracking those bugs could be helpful.

-Toshio