x86_64 blocks i386?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Mar 21 01:24:49 UTC 2005

> Example: Currently Seth and I struggle with the x86_64 build of bzflag
> which only fails in the build root (and only on x86_64). I'd rather have
> no package issued for i386 until these problem is solved. To debug this
> issue I would like access to the build root in question, at least read-
> only, but that is out of the question: Seth can't possible give all
> package maintainers access to his build boxes.

I think I have an idea of what's going on here and I'll be testing it
out and seeing if it is what I think it is.

About the gpgme[03] problem - I have a sneaking suspicion it has
something to do with dev/udev. I think the lack of a lot of items in dev
is maybe affecting the builds. That's something else I'm planning on
looking at. maybe with a bind-mount to /dev on the normal system.

we shall see.

If anyone else wants to test this out and see what they can see download
the mach pkg from here:
http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/mach/pkgs/

and give it a whirl.

-sv