gnome-theme-clearlooks please Re: APPROVED: clearlooks

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 21:49:26 UTC 2005

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 11:29 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>
>>I'm totally OK with this package contents, but can I also add my request
>>to rename this package to gnome-theme-clearlooks?
>

> Works for me. I'm not attached to the name.
>
> The problem is going to come from version 0.5 of clearlooks. The
> metacity theme was split off and my 0.5 package re-adds it. If you
> obsolete the engine without replacing the metacity theme, well... I
> don't really know what's going to happen, since the metacity theme is
> half of what's great about the package and it's quite likely that users
> will use it.

I was just informed by davidz that this is a non-issue, because
"clearlooks in FC4 is in both gtk2-engines and gnome-themes".  We only
need to make one or both FC4 packages Obsolete FC3 gnome-themes-clearlooks.

Ignacio please import the renamed package, I'll take care of erasing the
old package from CVS.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com