perls SOAP-Lite - can I tell rpm not to include extraneous dependancy?

Hunter Matthews thm at duke.edu
Mon Mar 21 23:01:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 16:32, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 15:17 -0600, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 15:58 -0500, Hunter Matthews wrote:
> > > I'm trying to package perl's SOAP-Lite module and running into trouble.
> > >
> > > Despite the fact that I've configured the module to not worry about
> > > MQClient, during the install/dep check stage rpm is detecting
> > > perl(MQClient::MQSeries) as a dependancy.
> > >
> > > Is there a good idiom to tell rpm "ignore this or that perl dep?"
> >
> > Not really. You'll probably need to do:
> > AutoReqProv:    no
> >
> > And manually specify all your dependencies. Be thorough, and you should
> > be ok.
>
> A (slightly) better way to do this is to include another source like the
> attached from perl-libwww-perl and then in your spec file, put something
> like
>
> Source10: filter-depends.sh
> %define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
> # Provide perl-specific find-{provides,requires}.
> %define __find_provides /usr/lib/rpm/find-provides.perl
> %define __find_requires %{SOURCE10}

Warren suggested I look at perl-Net-DNS, and from it I arrived at:

# In the spec file itself
Source1:        filter-requires.sh

%define __perl_requires %{SOURCE1}

# Here is the filter-requires.sh script
#!/bin/sh

echo $* > /tmp/filter-depends.cmdline
/usr/lib/rpm/perl.req $* | grep -v -e MQSeries -e Jabber

This seems to build correctly (IE, just the requires I was expecting)

Jeremy - what the pros/cons of __perl_requires vs what you have?