Clarification for the Contributor License Agreement

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Mon Mar 21 23:36:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 00:10 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> I have a question concerning point 3 of the CLA. English is not my first
> language, and my legalese parser barfs on that one. Is someone able to
> give some clarification on this (in non-legal english, or preferrably
> in german?)

If you have any patents that you use in any Extras packages and you have
granted the Fedora Project royalty-free use of said patent via said
packages, if someone subsequently else sues you regarding that patent
then the patent grant to the Fedora Project becomes null and void. The
side effect is that the offending packages are pulled from Extras.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/