perls SOAP-Lite - can I tell rpm not to include extraneous dependancy?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Mar 22 01:24:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 03:58:23PM -0500, Hunter Matthews wrote:
> I'm trying to package perl's SOAP-Lite module and running into trouble.

I was looking at that just the other day, and ran into a *whole* chain of
crazy dependencies, including Net::Jabber. Bah. So I went out and packaged
up python-SOAPpy and python-ZSI instead.

But if you *must* have perl [1], someone actually has already gone through
all of the work:
<http://dries.studentenweb.org/yum/fedora/linux/3/i386/dries/SRPMS/>

Seems like we might as well try to get that into FE, instead of repackaging
the wheel....

> Despite the fact that I've configured the module to not worry about
> MQClient, during the install/dep check stage rpm is detecting
> perl(MQClient::MQSeries) as a dependancy.
> Is there a good idiom to tell rpm "ignore this or that perl dep?"

%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
[...]
Source1: filter-depends.sh
[...]
%define __find_requires %{SOURCE1}

and filter-depends.sh is:

#!/bin/sh
if [ -x /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/find-requires ]; then
   FINDREQ=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/find-requires
else
   FINDREQ=/usr/lib/rpm/find-requires
fi
$FINDREQ $* | grep -v 'perl(MQClient::MQSeries)'

[1] and don't get me wrong, it's a lovely language, unpatched root exploits
with published source in Fedora Core not withstanding.