Jabber Server?

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Mar 24 13:24:44 UTC 2005

adrian at lisas.de (Adrian Reber) writes:

> So should I request a build or are there any open issues with jabberd?

* '-p' should be used with %install

* /usr/bin/c2s is packaged SUID root... is this really needed, especially
  because gcc4 gives out a lot of warnings and the code is not trivial

* the initscript starts 5 daemons; when jabber allows to use only a
  subset of them on one machine, there should exist a way to disable
  startup of some daemons. Generally, I would prefer one initscript per
  service.

* the programs are linked against libraries with redundant functionality
  (mysql vs. pgsql, perhaps ldap). I would prefer either subpackages with
  minimal binaries (e.g. -mysql, -pgsql, -ldap), or at least, that unneeded
  functionality can be disabled at build-time. E.g. when writing

  | %{!?_without_ldap:BuildRequires: openldap-devel}
  | %{!?_without_ldap:--enable-ldap}%{?_without_ldap:--disable-ldap}

Enrico