Jabber Server?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Mar 24 14:28:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> >> * '-p' should be used with %install
> >
> > Why should it be used ?
>
> afair, it is stated in the packaging guidelines. Beside that: it gives
> information how old files are, it allows unification across vservers and
> I do not know a reason why it should not be used.

There's no big difference between using the actual build time (when %build
ran) or the install time (when %install ran). Other than that the install
time on the files are most likely somewhat closer together.

So I really do not see why someone wants to preserve the build time. None
of the advantages you state are unique for using -p, they are true for not
using -p.

Or am I missing something obvious here ?