New Packages for Review: ladspa ladspa-cmt

Fri Mar 25 19:12:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 23:32, Aaron VanDevender wrote:
> I have some more packages for review.
>
> ladspa-cmt (Computer Music Toolkit) is a library of LADSPA plugins with
> standard stuff like gain, delay, Freeverb, and sine.
> http://renny.netdot.net/~sig/ladspa-cmt-1.15-1.src.rpm
> MD5 => 74998892c1f3ad51f58100c457e91a5c

Some comments on the cmt package:

There is an rdf description file available that should be added, by
Steve Harris[1], ladspa clients that include support for liblrdf[2] will
sort the cmt plugins in neat categories.

Freeverb has serious problems with denormals in P4 machines as shipped
in cmt (ie: when the input decays to almost zero denormals are generated
and cpu usage goes up drastically). A solution I found after many tests
is injection of very low low level of random noise in the proper place
to prevent the denormals from appearing. Patches that take care of that
are part of the Planet CCRMA package[3]

$RPM_OPT_FLAGS should be used so that the plugins are compiled with i686
instruction ordering (see [3]).

-- Fernando

[1]
http://lalists.stanford.edu/laa/2003/09/0001.html