New Packages for Review: ladspa ladspa-cmt

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Mar 25 21:15:45 UTC 2005

On 25 Mar 2005 11:24:49 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > ladspa-cmt (Computer Music Toolkit) is a library of LADSPA plugins with
> > > standard stuff like gain, delay, Freeverb, and sine.
> > > http://renny.netdot.net/~sig/ladspa-cmt-1.15-1.src.rpm
> > > MD5 => 74998892c1f3ad51f58100c457e91a5c
>
> Hmmm, what about the name of the package? While it is a ladspa plugin
> library, do we need/want to add the ladspa- prefix? Or should the name
> be just the original "cmt" name.

If we think of LADSPA as an architecture for an entire family of plugin
packages, we can apply

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageNamingGuidelines#head-bb4665ea46aa0653710ab594efb3207a94eda636

and make the main "ladspa" package the parent and give LADSPA based plugin
packages the child name "ladspa-foo".

I'm no authority on package naming, so it might be that others disagree
and simply stick to upstream naming.

Browsing rpmseek.com, some package vendors use "cmt", PLD uses
"ladspa-cmt-plugins".