Suggestion: Epylog

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 22:06:55 UTC 2005

Hello, all:

I have built the packages for Epylog to conform to the Extras
requirements, and I'm willing to submit and maintain them (I'm the
author as well).

Epylog is a new log notifier and parser which runs periodically out of
cron, looks at your logs, processes the entries in order to present
them in a more comprehensive format, and then provides you with the
output. It is written specifically with large network clusters in mind
where a lot of machines (around 50 and upwards) log to the same
loghost using syslog or syslog-ng.

The package and the spec file can be found here:
http://phy.duke.edu/~icon/misc/fedora-extras/

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev