vice in extras

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Mar 1 18:11:08 UTC 2005

Hans de Goede wrote :

> I've stopped using freshrpms a long time ago because of the erm
> interesting quality of the RPMS the used to provide, if freshrpms and
> Fedora extras would have some garantees to work well together, for
> example freshrpms would only include packages which are not in fedora
> core + extras I might want to go this way, but afaik currently there are
> no such garantees.
>
> I don't meam to put down the hardwork of the rpmforge peope in anyway!

Hmmm... "interesting quality"? I never got any problem reports from you
Hans, I'd remember ;-) Currently, freshrpms plays well with Fedora Extras,
and the only bug that existed was my fault, having merged a version of
liboil in Extras that was too recent for the one I had held back in
freshrpms because of my swfdec build (Extras has an older one), but was
fixed.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.766_FC3.radeon
Load : 1.21 1.14 0.83