ipython anyone?

Shahms King shahms at shahms.com
Tue Mar 1 19:27:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 14:23 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> > I wasn't sure, I figured it was best to mark them as documentation
> > anyway, but that's easily remedied.  Not including any documentation
> > means the package doesn't own the doc dir and it doesn't get removed
> > with the rest of the files, however. Would adding a '%dir %
> > {_datadir}/blablah' be approriate? That seems a little kludgy.
>
> I'm pretty sure the %{_datadir}/doc/%{name}-%{version} ownership is
> handled by rpm within the %doc tag

Yes, but there are no other docs ;-P
Given that ipython installs all of its documentation, I ended up
manually specifying the documentation directory, which seems "wrong" but
solves the problem.

> > The package naming guidelines page doesn't specify a name format for
> > python modules, but I'm assuming the convention is similar to that for
> > perl modules? i.e. python-${source_name}
> >
> yes they do:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageNamingGuidelines#head-
> bb4665ea46aa0653710ab594efb3207a94eda636

Ahh, missed that was looking for a python specific section.

> Submit your CLA and stuff as described here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/CvsAccess
>
> and cc me on the emails.

Will do, thanks.

> thanks!
> -sv

I made the changes you recommended to the ipython packages and added
python-quixote packages at:

http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/yum/fedora/3/RPMS.shahms/
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/yum/fedora/3/SRPMS.shahms/

I'm going to lunch now, but I'll look into Durus and the other packages
after that.

--
Shahms E. King <shahms at shahms.com>
Multnomah ESD

Public Key:
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/~sking/shahms.asc
Fingerprint:
1612 054B CE92 8770 F1EA  AB1B FEAB 3636 45B2 D75B