Python packages for QA

Shahms King shahms at shahms.com
Tue Mar 1 23:22:56 UTC 2005

There are spec files and SRPMS for:
Source Name 	Package Name
----------------------------
ipython		ipython
Durus 		python-durus
PyProtocols 	python-protocols
psycopg 	python-psycopg
pyXLWriter 	python-pyXLWriter
Quixote 1.2 	python-quixote
SimpleTAL 	python-simpletal
TPG		python-tpg
psyco		python-psyco

There is a good case for changing the name of the python-simpletal
package to python-SimpleTAL, but all of the above packages are named
based on the actual python module name (i.e. the name you would import
in python to access the module), rather than strictly following the
upstream source name.

Most of the packages with architecture specific parts should work with
multilib (x86_64) installs, but I'll have to wait until I get home to
double check this.

Both Durus and TPG provide executables along with the python modules; in
the Durus case, there is a decent argument for putting that into a
separate package.

--
Shahms E. King <shahms at shahms.com>
Multnomah ESD

Public Key:
http://shahms.mesd.k12.or.us/~sking/shahms.asc
Fingerprint:
1612 054B CE92 8770 F1EA  AB1B FEAB 3636 45B2 D75B