xfce questions

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 10:32:38 UTC 2005

> Fortunately, there are only 4 patches in the 4.0.6 packages, and they
> all look pretty minor to get working on the new version. Also, there
> are only currently 5 bugs filed in fc3 with 'xfce' in the subject.

Have you checked cvs from FC if that wasn't updated already to 4.2?

> Should we try and merge spec file changes upstream? Things like
> changelogs are likely not of interest to the upstream packages.

Yes, improving packaging also upstream can only be good.

> Should changelog entries be preserved when moving from core->extras?
> - From older to newer versions?

Nice if possible, but not a requirement. E.g. if upstream at some point
has better spec files, there is no reason to continue providing new ones
again...

greetings,

Florian La Roche