Maintainership: dietlibc

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Mar 6 17:18:58 UTC 2005

dwmw2 at infradead.org (David Woodhouse) writes:

>> Can you tell me the output of
>>
>> | $ echo | gcc -E -dM - | egrep -i 'ppc|power'
>
> #define __PPC__ 1
> #define _ARCH_PPC 1
> #define __powerpc__ 1
> #define __PPC 1
> #define __powerpc 1
> #define PPC 1
> #define powerpc 1
>
> Let me have a SSH public key if you want an account on a suitable
> machine.

Thx; I create a cross-toolchain in the meantime, and see that there is
no trivial way to enable 'diet-dyn' for PPC. Your bug is easy to fix
(replace a lowercase '__ppc__' with uppercase '__PPC__'), but then
ppc/dyn_syscalls.S is missing (which is more or less trivial to fix
also), but then a large assembler block is required in libdl/_dl_main.c
where I do not have an idea how to implement it.

The 'make dyn' target is disabled for PPC now.

Enrico