xfce packages for review/testing

Kevin Fenzi kevin-fedora-extras at scrye.com
Mon Mar 7 06:04:39 UTC 2005

Greetings.

I have a first cut at a set of xfce-4.2.0 packages setup now.

They can be found at:

http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora-extras/

The CVS dir has things setup as they are in the fedora-extras CVS.
The SRPMS dir is all the src.rpms from all the packages in one place.
The fc3-RPMS dir is all the binary rpms compiled against fc3
The devel-RPMS dir will be all the binary rpms compiled against devel.
(I need to re-build my test machine, hopefully will have it up in a
few days.)

For the following set of packages, I imported the last fedora core
devel specs and then modified as noted. In these cases I preserved the
old .spec with it's changelog entries, etc.

dbh
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 1:1.0.20-2
- - Inital fedora extras version
- - Updated Source line
- - Changed license to LGPL
- - Increased the Release version by one

libxfce4mcs
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 4.2.0-2
- - Inital Fedora Extras version
- - Updated the Source line
- - Capitalized first letter of Summary in devel section to quiet rpmlint
- - Increased the Relase version by one

libxfce4util
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 4.2.0-2
- - Inital Fedora Extras version
- - Updated Source line
- - Capitalized first letter of Summary in devel section to quiet rpmlint
- - Added LGPL to License as 2 files are under LGPL, the rest BSD
- - Increased the Release version by one

libxfcegui4
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 4.2.0-2
- - Inital Fedora Extras version
- - Updated the Source line
- - Capitalized first letter of Summary in devel section to quiet rpmlint
- - Added dbh-devel to BuildRequires
- - Capitalized the GTK in the Summary to queit rpmlint
- - Moved all the module *.a and *.la libraries to the devel package
- - Added Provides: libxfcegui4-devel to devel package
- - Increased the Relase version by one

xfce4-iconbox
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 4.2.0-2
- - Inital Fedora Extras version
- - Updated the Source line
- - Increased the Release by one

xfce4-panel
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 4.2.0-3
- - Inital Fedora Extras version
- - Updated the Source line
- - Created a new patch to change mozilla -mail to launchmail
- - Moved the includes to the devel subpackage
- - Increased the Release by one

xfce4-systray
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 4.2.0-3
- - Inital Fedora Extras version
- - Updated the Source line
- - Increased the Release by one

xfce-mcs-manager
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 4.2.0-2
- - Inital Fedora Extras version
- - Updated the Source line
- - Capitalized first letter of Summary in devel section to quiet rpmlint
- - Increased the Release by one

xfce-mcs-plugins
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 4.2.0-2
- - Inital Fedora Extras version
- - Updated the Source line
- - Capitalized first letter of Summary in devel section to quiet rpmlint
- - Increased the Release by one

xfce-utils
* Sun Mar  6 2005 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> - 4.2.0-2
- - Inital Fedora Extras version
- - Updated the Source line
- - Removed old misc patch
- - Increased the Release by one

The following packages were not in Fedora Core 3/development, so I
have taken the upsteam spec file and cleaned it up some and tested:

gtk-xfce-engine
xfcalendar
xfce4-appfinder
xfce4-icon-theme
xfce4-mixer
xfce4-session
xfce4-toys
xfce4-trigger-launcher
xfdesktop
xffm
xfprint
xfwm4
xfwm4-themes

In addition I have setup from the xfce-goodies repository:

Terminal
exo (needed by Terminal)

I have run everything through rpmlint and corrected a ton of issues
(especially with the new packages). However, there are still a few
left.

In the binary rpms there are still a number, but many of them I don't
see what the problem is or it's something upstream, like:

E: dbh incoherent-version-in-name 1.0

or

E: dbh zero-length /usr/share/doc/dbh-1.0.20/TODO
(the upsteam file is 0 length).

Anyone who wants the exact messages can look at the 'rpmlint.out'
files in the SRPMS and fc3-RPMS dirs.

Any questions, comments, corrections, bugreports, offers for sponsorship
gratefully accepted.

kevin