no xfce for FC4?

Iago Rubio iago.rubio at hispalinux.es
Tue Mar 8 08:38:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 00:19 -0600, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 12:35 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> >I'm hoping to get some good feedback from the specs/packages and find
> >someone interested in sponsoring me to maintain the xfce packages in
> >fedora extras.
>
> I'm not an xfce user, but I took the time tonight to download your SRPMs
> to review them. A few items of note:
>
> All packages:
>
> -Source0:
> http://www.xfce.org/archive/xfce-4.0.3/src/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
> +Source:
> http://www.us.xfce.org/archive/xfce-4.2.0/src-bz2/libxfce4mcs-4.2.0.tar.bz2
>
> Fixing the link is good, but I'd prefer you kept the Source0.

I getting a bit confused with this.

I've just changed al urls in one package I maintain to fit with this:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#head-899bd694d29ace1be956ab35177075021977560b

[quote]
Please avoid using macros in the source URLs, prefer, for example,

        http://dl.sf.net/someproject/1.0/someproject-1.0.tar.bz2

over

        http://dl.sf.net/%{name}/%{version}/%{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2

While using macros saves you as a package maintainer some time whenever
you update the package, QA will have to reconstruct the source URL
manually when the validity of the sources is checked.
[/quote]

Please, Could anyone give us an athoritative answer on this ?

What should be used in urls, macros or hardcoded urls ?

Thaks in advance for your help.
--
Iago Rubio