ppracer

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 13:50:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 18:48 +0100, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 02:52:46PM +0100, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> > > -make %{?_smp_mflags}
> > > +make %{?_smp_mflags} CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" CXX_FLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"
> > >
> > > you could remove the autoconf dependency and the configure.in patch.
> >
> > Not really because you would be missing the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS needed for
> > the used libraries.
>
> I have played around with the position of the CFLAGS a bit and on my
> system it doesn't matter if I put it in front, back of make or just
> leave it completely away... I always get the same result... It seems as
> it is already picked up during configure like it is supposed to be.

Have you tried this with backing out the optflags patch? Anyway, if you
use CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS on the make command line, you overwrite what's
previously been specified in the Makefile, i.e. what configure defined
for the variables. This is regardless of whether you put CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS
in front of make (as environment variables) or on the make command line
(as make options). Unless you have a very compelling argument why make
should somehow magically combine the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS found in the
Makefile and those specified on the command line, I'm not inclined to
take out the patch ;-).

> Oh, and I also saw that desktop-file-install is complaining:
>
> /var/tmp/ppracer-0.3.1-1-root-adrian/usr/share/applications/fedora-ppracer.desktop:
> warning: boolean key "Terminal" has value "0", boolean values should be
> "false" or "true", although "0" and "1" are allowed in this field for
> backwards compatibility

Fixed.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com