Jabber Server?

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Wed Mar 9 08:09:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 02:22:20PM -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 07:02:50PM +0100, Adrian Reber wrote:
> > It is true that I could replace all the perl stuff with sed and will do
> > it but how would you circumvent that the password can be seen with ps
> > during jabbed installation?
>
> How about this?
>
> export NEWPASS=$( dd if=/dev/urandom bs=20 count=1 2>/dev/null \
>                   | sha1sum | awk '{print $1}' )
> cd %{sysconfdir}
> sed -i -f- router-users.xml router.xml <<END
> END
> sed -i -f- *.xml <<END
> END

Thanks. That's how I changed it.

In addition to this change I have enabled the ldap, mysql, postgresql
backends. With the current version in CVS it is now possible to install
jabberd and have it running without any changes to the configuration using
the PAM backend for authentication and the Berkeley DB as backend for storage.

The only problem I have left is, that the sm process core dumps if I build
it on rawhide. If I use a version built on FC-3 it runs on FC-3 and on
rawhide without a problem. I also tried to use gcc33 on rawhide and I
still get the same crash. As the crash happens during DB creation I
think it might be a problem with the db4 version of rawhide. I will keep
on investigating this problem further.

		Adrian

--
Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de>            http://lisas.de/~adrian/