Request: contributor to put DKMS into Fedora Extras

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 03:11:43 UTC 2005

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
>>The kernel-devel and kernel-module-foo approach is something that we
>>have been working on as a supportable alternative.  We need to better
>>standardize, fix and document it, then better automate package builds in
>>order to provide all kernel modules quickly for new released kernels.
>

> Believe it or not, I'm working on this. :)

Great!  Have you talked with Riel yet?  He volunteered to take point on
approving the proposed kernel-devel changes and adding them to the FC4
kernel.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/145914
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/147553
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/149210
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/149249
Some of the related reports, there might be more elsewhere...

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com