Sponsor Request: INADYN - A DynDNS Client

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Tue Mar 15 19:51:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:07:28 +0200, you wrote:

>We already have ddclient and ez-ipupdate in Extras that AFAICS do the
>same thing.  Does INADYN provide some additional features over them?

During the discussion in ths thread, I have try out ez-ipupdate.

I have got the following problem: I'm using a pppoe (T-DSL)
connection to the internet. Ez-ipupdate requires that you define
the used interface in the configuration file. But during booting
the machine, the interface using for the pppoe connection didn't
exist.

For inadyn, I have define a ip-up.local file, which will be
executed when the ppp interface will comming up.

That is te current situation why I will prefer inadyn agains
ez-ipupdate.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt