Exim

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Mar 16 18:40:59 UTC 2005

I never realized you were with Red Hat.

DW> We need Exim in RHEL -- we can't be quite to haphazard about
DW> removing stuff from RHEL when other packages don't provide
DW> equivalent functionality. So we need to keep maintaining it in the
DW> internal CVS tree, and I will continue to do so.

Interesting, so Fedora no longer strictly serves as a base for RHEL
because of a couple of megabytes.

DW> I'd already split the exim-doc package out, because it was 2/3 of
DW> the size of the total, is updated out of sync with the binary
DW> package and comes from entirely separate source tarballs.

That's definitely good idea anyway, given how Phil only updates the
main documentation at every 4.x0 release.

DW> [...] but consider Exim itself vetoed.

Given that this bones those of us who need Exim by making the packages
completely unavailable, is there any chance that you could stick a
4.50-x SRPM somewhere (on the 'net, not anywhere painful) until the
issue is resolved?

Thanks,

 - J<